25 Jan UX Designer / Senior UX Designer
Fidelity Investments is looking for a User Experience Designer who is passionate about their craft and improving the employee digital experiences. As a member of the Digital Workplace Experience Chapter Area, you will keep the end user at the center of everything we do, ensuring we are delivering world-class digital end-to-end experiences for our associates and customers. You will sit with other designers and user researchers within the Digital Workplace Experience Chapter Area and be aligned to an interdisciplinary squad.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
- 2-5 years of UX or related experience is preferred
- A certificate/degree in a related field such as interactive design, architecture, industrial design, graphic design, or human factors is preferred
- Experience working on agile teams delivering value in digital products preferred
- A digital portfolio that shows examples of your work and process, such as using research to frame user problems with examples of how you collaboratively solved them with cross-functional teams and in your designs
- Experience with design skills, which might include visual, conversational, information architecture, prototyping, strategic design methods (such as design thinking), user research, or writing
- Effective communication skills, as a writer, presenter, and facilitator
- Familiarity with the value of design systems
- Distilling qualitative and quantitative feedback to unearth recurring themes and promote data-driven design decisions
- An unwavering curiosity to ask why
UX Designers Typically
- Manage the definition of the design work and deliver business outcomes across multiple product teams, with some guidance and coaching
- Have an opportunity to work with accomplished, experienced designers across Fidelity and build your skillset as you go
- Partner with user research to understand the customer problems to tackle
- Partner with the product owner to help inform product strategy
- Work across the organization to drive consistent customer experiences
- Contribute to the culture of the Digital Workplace Experience Chapter Area (user research & UXD)
- Provide design and product thought leadership
As a member of the Digital Workplace team within Enterprise Technology, you will be working in a collaborative, dynamic, and creative environment at Fidelity Investments. You will have the opportunity to be immersed in work across the organization, engage with and influence leaders, while solving some of Fidelity’s most critical business issues.
The vision of Digital Workplace is to ensure associates have the right digital tools, training, and support to do their best work. We will do this by owning the associate digital experience for the firm, focusing on capabilities (rather than on tools and vendors), using a test-and-learn approach, designing more effective rollout and adoption experiences, and paying close attention to every detail in the “last mile.”
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Fidelity will continue to keep the safety of associates and customers as our top priority and this will never change. As the pandemic evolves and Federal, State, and Local regulations emerge, it has become clear that knowing the vaccination status of all associates is critical to our safety efforts.
Therefore, Fidelity will require all candidates to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status during the hiring process, and if vaccinated, provide proof of vaccine.
This is not a requirement to be vaccinated. It is a requirement to report vaccination status and, if vaccinated, provide proof.